Ha Giang is a province, located in the North - East of Vietnam. The distance from Hanoi to Ha Giang is about 320 km which takes you about 8 hours riding with amazing moutain view on it's way. Nowadays Ha Giang with Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark is become a highlight tourist place in Viet Nam which is attractive to many travellers all over the world. Ha Giang is an amazing place in the North - East of Vietnam. It has wonderful mountain, terraces view as well as rich culture of Ethnic people (Tay, H'Mong, Dzao...). This is a must - see place for those who like to be in an untouristic place.
Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark is a geopark in northern Vietnam. The distance from Hanoi to Dong Van 420 km. Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark was became the 77th member of the Global Geoparks Network in 2010. It became the first Global Geopark in Vietnam, and the second in Southeast Asia.
BUS FROM HANOI TO DONG VAN, DONG VAN TO HANOI
- We have service to pick you up from your hotel or agency with English speaking guide.
- We have contact with many good buses at the bus station, you will not have to worry about your belongings. - Easy to purchase ticket, you can book online 1 day, 2 days or longer in advance if you go on Vietnam holiday time. - We have worked with a lot of bus compaies the whole years, so we always have available seats for you even you go on our holiday as long as you let us know before 48 hours (on holiday time). - Flexible and convenient in payment, you can pay online by Visa, Master, American Express card (3% bank fee will be added), Paypal, Western Union - You can check all detail, useful information from our website: vietnamlocalbus.com before you decide to take your ticket. - We are free of charge you want to change departure date as long as we are informed 24 hours in advance by confimation to you.
BUS FROM HANOI TO DONG VAN – HA GIANG
PICK UP TIME
Hanoi to Dong Van
18.00 - 18.30
- Pick up: from hotel in the Old Quarter - Drop off: Bus station in Dong Van town
- Change bus one time in Ha Giang town.
- Bus type: + Hanoi to Ha Giang: Sleeping bus + Ha Giang to Dong Van town: Seating bus
BUS HANOI TO DONG VAN SCHEDULE
- 18:00 am – 18:30 am: Our guide and car/ taxi picks you up at the hotel in the Hanoi Old Quarter then take 30minute to My Dinh bus station. At the bus station you get the ticket and get on the bus take 8 hours toHa Giang city on the way we have 30 minutes for shortbreaks. You can joy happy room (wc) or eat something.- 4:00 am – 4:30 am: Arrived Ha Giang bus station , waiting the bus transfer to Dong Van. You can sleep until 6:00 am.
- 5.30 - 6.00 am: Change to seating bus from Ha Giang town to Dong Van town
- 9.00 - 9.30 am: Arrive in Dong Van town. Journey finishes.
PRICE: 25 USD/ PERSON Included: English speaking guide, car or taxi, bus ticket to Ha Giang, tiket to Dong Van. Excluded: Insurance, means , drinks, tip to guide, expense personal.
HANOI TO HA GIANG BUS ROUTINE: Hanoi Oldquarter – My Dinh bus station – Noi Bai airport – Vinh Phuc province – Viet Tri city – Doan Hung district – Tuyen Quang province (shortbreak) - Ha Giang bus station – Dong Van (last stop).
PRICE FOR CHILDREN: - Children under 4 years old sleep with their parents are free. - Children from 4 years old and up pay same price as adult, have their own beds. Note: - Our bus stops at Ha Giang bus station in the centre of Dong Van Town where you can easy to find hotels. - At Ha Giang city you can rent motobike to discovery everywhere with the price about 10$ per day. If you want to carry motobike from Hanoi, we can carry Honda Wave, Win motorbike and you have to pay extra: 20$ per motobike.
BUS FROM DONG VAN TO HANOI
PICK UP TIME
Dong Van to Hanoi
- Pick up: from hotel in Dong Van town - Drop off: Bus station in Hanoi - Change bus one time in Ha Giang town. - Bus type: + Ha Giang to Hanoi: Sleeping bus + Dong Van town to Ha Giang: Seating bus
BUS FROM DONG VAN TO HANOI SCHEDULE
12:30 pm, we pick you up at the hotel in center of Dong Van town to the Ha Giang bus station
16.30: Arrive in Ha Giang bus station, have free time in Ha Giang town.
18.30: Back to Ha Giang bus station and get on sleeping bus to come back to Hanoi. It also takes 8 hours riding from Ha Giang to Hanoi. There are 1-2 stops on the way for break and bathroom. You will arrive in Hanoi around 5.00 am at My Dinh or Gia Lam bus station from where you take the bus back to your hotel on your own. Included: car or taxi from your hotel in Dong Van town to the bus, bus ticket to Hanoi, bus ticket from Dong Van to Ha Giang. Excluded: Insurance, means , drinks, tip to guide, expense personal.
BUS ROUTINE FROM DONG VAN TO HANOI Hotel in Dong Van - Ha Giang bus station - Tuyen Quang province (short break) - Doan Hung district – Viet Tri city – Vinh Phuc province – Noi Bai airport – My Dinh bus station (last stop).
DIFFERENT WAYS TO GET TO DONG VAN FROM HANOI
Here is the answer that all travellers want to know: There are 4 different ways to get to Dong Van from Hanoi:
1/ HANOI TO DONG VAN BY MOTORBIKE
You can rent motorbike in any travel agencies in Hanoi to slowly driving to Ha Giang city then Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark and back . For a good quality for mountain roads motorbike, it costs about 8 USD per day which can be for 2 people sit on. You should drive slowly to enjoy landscapes and stop for photos shooting on the way. Therefore you should have a stop overnight somewhere on your way. Note: You should give your passport to agency, read the contact carefully and choose good motobike, furthermore you should check careful with their mechanic service conection in case your motobike is broken on the way. !!! Warning:You should be carefully before renting because roads to Ha Giang are very dangerous with high passes, uphills way, specially in the dense fog.
2/ HANOI TO DONG VAN BY TOURIST BUS
You can book and join a tourist bus from companies who organise tours to Ha Giang but it really depends. Because tour from Hanoi to Ha Giang only departure on a fixed day in month. Therefore, sometimes you can book - sometimes you can not. And it can be cancelled in a short advance when they cant collect enough customers to make their tour run.
3/ HANOI TO DONG VAN BY PRIVATE CAR
This option seems to be the most convenient one for you if you have a group of at leasts 3 - 4 people join with you. If not it is kind of very expensive to go alone or too small group.
4/ HANOI TO DONG VAN BY LOCAL BUS – DO IT YOURSELF
This is the best option for you if you would like to save money. You can take a taxi to My Dinh, Giap Bat, and Nuoc Ngam bus station to book ticket. Bus timetable is very flexible. Purchasing bus ticket by yourself, it means you have to arrange verything you do by yourself: taxis, contact driver, finding the right bus among hundreds buses in station... It is not very easy when you dont speak the language and local people here dont speak English too. !!! Warning: - At bus stations, there are many gangster men who are willing to cheat you to get you on terrible or wrong bus, you have no idea where you are going to as you can not communnicate to local people. Till you realise it, you are far away from the big city. - There are a lot of buses, neither do you know them, nor do they know you. If there is anythin happens to your belongings, you have noone to ask for help. - During festivals time in Vietnam (Independent holiday, King ceremony holiday, New Year holiday...), local people often plan their holiday in advance. Bus tickets to Ha Giang mostly fully booked very soon. Therefore it is difficult for you to purchase ticket by yourself if you have a narrow plan.
THE BEST TIME TO VISIT DONG VAN:
You can visit Dong Van all year but the best time to visit Ha Giang is in May, June and August, September to see wonderful view of rice terraces. You also can visit Ha Giang in October, because this time is the season of flower call “ Tam Giac Mach”, special during “Tam Giac Mach” flower festival.
PROMOTION: - Get discount 5% per person if you book on vietnamlocalbus.com group of 5 people. - Get 10% for next booking of our other bus tickets bellow: