Phong Nha is a national park and UNESCO World Heritage Site in the Bo Trach district of Quang Binh province which is far from Hanoi about 500km which takes about 10 hours to get there
BUS FROM HANOI TO PHONG NHA
- Vietnam Local Bus has pick up service from your hotel to bus station with English speaking guide. - Vietnam Local Bus has contact with many good buses at the bus station, you will not have to worry about your belongings. - Easy to purchase ticket, you can book online 1 day, 2 days or longer in advance if you travel during Vietnam holiday time. - Vietnam Local Bus works with a lot of bus companies for years, so we always have available seats. Even you go on our holiday, as long as you let us know before 48 hours (on holiday time). - Flexible and convenient in payment, you can pay online by Visa, Master, American Express card (3% bank fee will be added), Paypal, Western Union - You can check all detail, useful information from our website: vietnamlocalbus.com before you decide to take your ticket. - Vietnam Local Bus will not charge you if you change departure date, as long as we are informed 24 hours in advance by confirmation to you. Here is all information of our bus that you need to know.
BUS FROM HANOI TO PHONG NHA
PICK UP TIME
HANOI TO PHONG NHA
18.00 - 18.30
- Pick up: from some hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter - Drop off: Bus station in Phong Nha - Bus type: Sleeping bus
BUS SCHEDULE FROM HANOI TO PHONG NHA
- 18.00 - 18.30: Our guide and car/ taxi picks you up at the hotel in the Hanoi Old Quarter then get on sleeping bus to Ninh Binh. It takes 2 hours to Ninh Binh city on the way we have 30 minutes for a short break for bathroom and stretch your legs. - 21.00: Arrive at Ninh Binh city, have a short break about 30 minutes. - 21.30: We pick you up at your hotel in center of Ninh Binh city then you get on sleeping bus heading to Phong Nha. It is 8 hours from Ninh Binh to Phong Nha including 1 stops on the way for stretching your legs and bathroom.
- 4.00 am: You will arrive in Phong Nha, this bus will drop you at Tiger restaurant in Phong Nha. Finish your bus journey.
PRICE: 20 USD/ PERSON Included: bus ticket to Phong Nha. Excluded: Insurance, meals, drinks, tip to guide, personal expense
BUS ROUTINE FROM HANOI TO PHONG NHA
Hanoi Old Quarter - Bus station - Thuong Tin district - Phu Xuyen district - (short break) - Ha Nam province - Ninh Binh city – Thanh Hoa province – Nghe An province – Ha Tinh province ( shortbreak) – Dong Hoi city – Phong Nha ( last stop).
BUS FROM PHONG NHA TO HANOI
PICK UP TIME
PHONG NHA TO HANOI
- Pick up: from bus office in Phong Nha - Drop off: Bus station in Hanoi - Bus type: Sleeping bus
BUS SCHEDULE FROM PHONG NHA TO HANOI
21.00: Our bus will come to pick you up from the bus office in Phong Nha, it takes about 10 hours to reach Hanoi. There are some stops on the way for you getting meals, bathroom
6.30 - 7.00: Arrive at Hanoi bus station. Finish the journey.
PRICE: 20 USD/ PERSON.
Inclusion: Bus ticket from Phong Nha to Hanoi
Exclusion: Insurance, meals, drinks, other personal expenses.
FROM PHONG NHA TO HANOI BUS ROUTINE
Phong Nha bus office - Dong Hoi - Ha Tinh city - Vinh city - Nghe An province - Thanh Hoa province - Ninh Binh city - Hanam province - Hanoi city - Bus station.
Note: Taxi from Giap Bat bus station to Hanoi old quarter around 90.000 VND/ 4 seats taxi. You should choose these taxi companies, they are more trustful: Thanh Cong Taxi: 0243257575, Mai Linh Taxi: 02438333333, Thanh Nga Taxi:02438215215.
TRAVEL TO PHONG NHA BY DIFFERENT WAYS
Here is the answer that all travellers want to know: There are 4 different ways to get to Phong Nha city from Hanoi:
1/ HANOI TO PHONG NHA BY MOTORBIKE
You can rent motorbike in any travel agencies in Hanoi to slowly driving to Phong Nha city and back . For a good quality for roads motorbike, it costs about 10 USD per day which can be for 2 people sit on. You should drive slowly to enjoy landscapes and stop for photos shooting on the way. Note: You should give your passport to agency, read the contact carefully and choose good motobike, furthermore you should check careful with their mechanic service conection in case your motobike is broken on the way. !!! Warning: You should be carefully before renting because roads to Phong Nha are very dangerous with traffic jam.
2/ HANOI TO PHONG NHA BY TOURIST BUS
You can book and join a tourist bus from companies who organise tours to Phong Nha but it really depends. Because tour from Hanoi to Vinh is not popular. Therefore, sometimes you can book - sometimes you can not. And it can be cancelled in a short advance when they cant collect enough customers to make their tour run.
3/ HANOI TO PHONG NHA BY PRIVATE CAR OR TAXI
This option seems to be the most convenient one for you if you have a group of at leasts 3 - 4 people join with you. If not, it is kind of very expensive to go alone or too small group.
4/ HANOI TO PHONG NHA BY LOCAL BUS - DO IT YOURSELF
You can take a taxi to My Dinh, Giap Bat, and Nuoc Ngam bus station to book ticket. Bus timetable is very flexible. Purchasing bus ticket by yourself, it means you have to arrange everything you do by yourself: taxis, contact driver, finding the right bus among hundreds buses in station... It is not very easy when you dont speak the language and local people here don’t speak English too. !!!Warning: - At bus stations, there are many gangster men who are willing to cheat you to get you on a terrible or wrong bus, you have no idea where you are going to as you can not communicate to local people. Till you realise it, you are far away from the big city. - There are a lot of buses, neither do you know them, nor do they know you. If there is anything happens to your belongings, you have noone to ask for help. - During festivals time in Vietnam (Independence holiday, King ceremony holiday, New Year holiday...), local people often plan their holiday in advance. Bus tickets to Phong Nha fully booked very soon. Therefore it is difficult for you to purchase ticket by yourself if you have a narrow plan.
PROMOTION: - Get discount 5% per person if you book on vietnamlocalbus.com group of 5 people. - Get 10% for next bookings of our bus tickets bellow: