Dien Bien Phu is a province, located in the North – west of Vietnam. The distance from Hanoi to Dien Bien Phu is about 500 km which takes you about 10 hours riding with amazing moutain view on it's way. Nowadays Dien Bien Phu with Muong Thanh field is becoming a highlight tourist place in Viet Nam which attracts many travellers from all over the world. Dien Bien Phu is an amazing place in the North - East of Vietnam. It has wonderful mountain, terraces view as well as rich culture of Ethnic people (Thai , Tay, Dao...). This is a must - see place for those who like to be in an untouristic place.
BUS HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU, DIEN BIEN PHU TO HANOI
There are 4 different ways to get to Ha Giang from Hanoi, but travel to Ha Giang by local bus is the best option to save time and your budget. Book the bus ticket with Vietnam Local Bus, you will have all our services offer:- We have service to pick you up from your hotel or agency with English speaking guide.- We have contact with many good buses at the bus station, you will not have to worry about your belongings.- Easy to purchase ticket, you can book online 1 day, 2 days or longer in advance if you go on Vietnam holiday time.- We have worked with a lot of bus compaies the whole years, so we always have available seats for you even you go on our holiday as long as you let us know before 48 hours (on holiday time).- Flexible and convenient in payment, you can pay online by Visa, Master, American Express card (3% bank fee will be added), Paypal, Western Union- You can check all detail, useful information from our website: vietnamlocalbus.com before you decide to take your ticket.- We are free of charge you want to change departure date as long as we are informed 24 hours in advance by confimation to you.
BUS FROM HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU
||PICK UP TIME
|HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU
- Pick up: from hotel in the Old Quarter
- Drop off: Bus station in Dien Bien Phu
- Duration: 09 hours
- Bus type: Sleeping bus
BUS SCHEDULE FROM HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU
- 18.00: Our guide and car/ taxi picks you up at the hotel in the Hanoi Old Quarter then takes 30 minute to My Dinh bus station. At the bus station, you get the ticket and get on the big bus. It takes 10 hours to Dien Bien city. On the way, we have 1 times for shortbreaks for bathroom. You also can find you some snacks for breakfast there on your own.
- 7:00 am: Arrive in Dien Bien Phu (last stop).
PRICE: 27 USD/ PERSON
Included: English speaking guide, car or taxi to bus station in Hanoi, bus ticket to Dien Bien Phu.
Excluded: Insurance, meals, drinks, tip to guide, personal expenses.
BUS ROUTINE FROM HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU
Hanoi Oldquarter – My Dinh bus station – Ha Dong district – Hoa Binh city – Mai Chau village – Moc Chau Town – Son La – Dien Bien Phu(last stop).
BUS FROM DIEN BIEN PHU TO HANOI
||PICK UP TIME
|DIEN BIEN PHU TO HANOI
- Pick up: from some hotels in Dien Bien Phu or bus station in Dien Bien Phu
- Drop off: Bus station in Hanoi
- Duration: 09 hours
- Bus type: Sleeping bus
BUS SCHEDULE FROM DIEN BIEN PHU TO HANOI
20.00: We pick you up at your hotel in center of Dien Bien Phu city to Hanoi.
7.00 am: Arrive at bus station in Hanoi (last stop).
PRICE: 27 USD/ PERSON
Included: Car or taxi pick up from your hotel, bus ticket to Hanoi.
Excluded: Insurance, meals , drinks, tip to guide, personal expenses. Taxi to Hanoi old quarter.
BUS ROUTINE FROM DIEN BIEN PHU TO HANOI
Hotel in Dien Bien Phu- Son La - Moc Chau - Mai Chau –Hoa Binh city – Ha Dong district - My Dinh bus station (last stop).
Note: Taxi from bus station to Hanoi old quarter around 200.000 vnd/ taxi .you should choose these taxi:
Thanh Cong Taxi: 043257575, Mai Linh Taxi: 0438333333, Thanh Nga Taxi:0438215215.
PRICE FOR CHILDREN:
- Children under 4 years old sleep with their parents are free.
- Children from 4 years old and up pay same price as adult, have their own beds.
- Our bus stops at Dien Bien Phu city, nearby there are so many hotels we highy recomend Muong Thanh hotel.
FROM HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU BY DIFFERENT WAYS
Here is the answer that all travellers want to know: There are 3 different ways to get to Dien Bien Phu from Hanoi:
1/ HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU BY MOTORBIKE
You can rent motorbike in any travel agencies in Hanoi to slowly driving to Dien Bien Phu city then Muong Thanh field and back . For a good quality for mountain roads motorbike, it costs about 8 USD per day which can be for 2 people sit on. You should drive slowly to enjoy landscapes and stop for photos shooting on the way. Therefore you should have a stop overnight somewhere on your way.
Note: You should give your passport to agency, read the contact carefully and choose good motobike, furthermore you should check careful with their mechanic service conection in case your motobike is broken on the way.
!!! Warning: You should be carefully before renting because roads to Dien Bien Phu are very dangerous with high passes, uphills way, specially in the dense fog.
2/ HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU BY TOURIST BUS
You can book and join a tourist bus from companies who organise tours to Dien Bien Phu but it really depends on your luck. Because tour from Hanoi to Dien Bien Phu only departure on a fixed day in month. Therefore, sometimes you can book - sometimes you can not. And it can be cancelled in a short advance when they cant collect enough customers to make their tour run.
3/ HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU BY PRIVATE CAR
This option seems to be the most convenient one for you if you have a group of at leasts 3 - 4 people join with you. If not, it is kind of very expensive to go alone or too small group.
4/ HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU BY LOCAL BUS - DO IT YOURSELF
You can take a taxi to My Dinh, Giap Bat, and Yen Nghia bus station to book ticket. Bus timetable is very flexible. Purchasing bus ticket by yourself, it means you have to arrange everything you do by yourself: taxis, contact driver, finding the right bus among hundreds buses in station... It is not very easy when you dont speak the language and local people here don’t speak English too.
- At bus stations, there are many gangster men who are willing to cheat you to get you on a terrible or wrong bus, you have no idea where you are going to as you can not communicate to local people. Till you realise it, you are far away from the big city.
- There are a lot of buses, neither do you know them, nor do they know you. If there is anything happens to your belongings, you have noone to ask for help.
- During festivals time in Vietnam (Independence holiday, King ceremony holiday, New Year holiday...), local people often plan their holiday in advance. Bus tickets to Dien Bien Phu mostly fully booked very soon. Therefore it is difficult for you to purchase ticket by yourself if you have a narrow plan.
HANOI TO DIEN BIEN PHU TRAVEL TIPS
It is very important to have a safe trip. Here are our tips:
- You should carry valuable things with you, incase your bags are picked up by other people by chance or by purpose.
- Remembering plate number of the bus is always good incase you foget something on bus, we can find it quick & easy for you.
- Before leaving the bus, you should check your belongings again and again incase it is picked up by othe passangers on bus before we find out.
- At Dien Bien Phu, you can rent motobike to discovery everywhere about 10$ per day. If you want to carry motobike from Hanoi, we can only carry Honda Wave, Win motorbike, and you have to pay extra: 25$ per motobike.You shouldn't miss A1 hills , it is one of most famous hill in the North of Vietnam in the French war.
BEST TIME TO VISIT DIEN BIEN PHU
You can visit Dien Bien Phu all year but the best time to visit Dien Bien Phu is in April, May, June, August. Beause this time alot of festival of ethenic peples and season of flower . September, October are also a good season to have wonderful view of rice terraces around this area in Muong Thanh field. PROMOTION:- Get discount 5% per person if you book on vietnamlocalbus.com group of 5 people.- Get 10% for next booking of our tickets: