Halong Bay is a landscape in HaLong city, Quang Ninh province which means “Desending Dragon”, has an area around 1553 km2, contains around 1696 islands. Ha Long bay the first time becomes a World Heritage is in 1994. It is amazing place you should never miss when you come to Vietnam.
Sapa is one of the must - see places when you travel to Vietnam. It is not only famous with beautiful moutain, rice terrace but also the cultural characters of ethnical people which you hardly find from other places in Vietnam. The distance from Halong Bay to Sapa is about 450km , it takess 8 hours getting there.
A direct bus from Halong bay to Sapa and Sapa to Halong bay is very helpful for travellers who want to save time and dont want to make the same journey back to Hanoi.
BUS FROM HALONG BAY TO SAPA, SAPA TO HALONG BAY
- Vietnam Local Bus has pick up service from your hotel to bus station with English speaking guide.
- Vietnam Local Bus has contact with many good buses at the bus station, you will not have to worry about your belongings.
- Easy to purchase ticket, you can book online 1 day, 2 days or longer in advance if you travel during Vietnam holiday time.
- Vietnam Local Bus works with a lot of bus companies for years, so we always have available seats. Even you go on our holiday, as long as you let us know before 48 hours (on holiday time).
- Flexible and convenient in payment, you can pay online by Visa, Master, American Express card (3% bank fee will be added), Paypal, Western Union
- You can check all detail, useful information from our website: vietnamlocalbus.com before you decide to take your ticket.
- Vietnam Local Bus will not charge you if you change departure date, as long as we are informed 24 hours in advance by confirmation to you. Here is all information of our bus that you need to know.
BUS FROM HALONG BAY TO SAPA
PICK UP TIME
HALONG BAY TO SAPA
21.30 - 22.00
- Pick up: from hotel in Halong city center/ bus station in Halong city - Drop off: Bus station in Sapa town - Duration: 9 hours. - Bus type:
+ Halong - Lao Cai: Sleeping bus + Lao Cai - Sapa: Seating bus
HOW IT WORKS
FROM HALONG BAY TO SAPA BY NIGHT BUS
- 21.30 - 22.00: Our guide and car pick you up at the hotel in the Halong city then takes 9 hours to Sapa. On the way, we have 1 times for shortbreaks for bathroom. You also can find you some snacks for breakfast there on your own.
There might be one bus changing in Lao Cai to a smaller bus heading to Sapa.
- 6.30 am : Arrive in Sapa, get droped off at Sapa bus station, journey finishes.
PRICE: 25 USD/ PERSON
Included: Bus ticket from Halong bay to Sapa.
Excluded: Insurance, meals , drinks, tips, personal expenses.
BUS ROUTINE HALONG BAY TO SAPA
Hotel in Halong city – Hai Duong province – Bac Ninh province – Gia Lam district – Noi Bai airport (short break) – Vinh Phuc province – Lao Cai (might need change bus here) - Sapa (last stop).
SAPA TO HALONG BAY
PICK UP TIME
SAPA TO HALONG BAY
- Pick up: from hotel in Sapa town center/ bus station in Sapa town - Drop off: Bus station in Halong city - Duration: 9 hours. - Bus type:
+ Sapa - Lao Cai: Seating bus + Lao Cai - Halong city: Sleeping bus
HOW IT WORKS
17.00: We pick you up at hotel in Sapa then you get on sleeping bus heading to Halong city (you might go from Sapa to Lao Cai by seating bus first, then get on a sleeping bus in Lao Cai to Halong city). It is 9 hours from Sapa to Halong bay including 1 stop on the way for stretching your legs and bathroom. You will arrive in Halong Bay after 9 hours, this bus will drop you hotel in Halong city. Finish your bus journey.
PRICE: 25 USD/ PERSON
Included: Car or taxi picks up from your hotel in Sapa town, bus ticket to Halong bay. Excluded: Insurance, meals , drinks, tip to guide, expense personal
BUS ROUTINE SAPA TO HALONG BAY Hotel in Sapa – Lao Cai (might change bus here) – Vinh Phuc province – Noi Bai airport (shortbreak) – Gia Lam district – Bac Ninh province – Hai Duong province – Halong city (last stop).
TRAVEL FROM HALONG BAY TO SAPA BY DIFFERENT WAYS
Here is the answer that all travellers want to know: There are 4 different ways to get to Sapa from Halong Bay.
1/ HALONG BAY TO SAPA BY MOTORBIKE
You can rent motorbike in any travel agencies in Halong bay to slowly driving to Sapa and back . For a good quality for roads motorbike, it costs about 10 USD per day which can be for 2 people sit on. You should drive slowly to enjoy landscapes and stop for photos shooting on the way.
Note: You should give your passport to agency, read the contact carefully and choose good motobike, furthermore you should check careful with their mechanic service conection in case your motobike is broken on the way.
!!! Warning:You should be carefully before renting because roads from Halong Bay to Sapa are very dangerous with traffic jam.
2/ HALONG BAY TO SAPA BY TOURIST BUS
You can book and join a tourist bus from companies who organise tours From Halong Bay to Sapa but it really depends. Because tour from Halong Bay to Sapa is not popular. Therefore, sometimes you can book - sometimes you can not. And it can be cancelled in a short advance when they cant collect enough customers to make their tour run.
3/ HALONG BAY TO SAPA BY PRIVATE CAR OR TAXI
This option seems to be the most convenient one for you if you have a group of at leasts 3 - 4 people join with you. If not, it is kind of very expensive to go alone or too small group.
4/ HALONG BAY TO SAPA BY LOCAL BUS - DO IT YOURSELF
You can take a taxi to Bai Chai bus station to book ticket. Bus timetable is very flexible. Purchasing bus ticket by yourself, it means you have to arrange everything you do by yourself: taxis, contact driver, finding the right bus among hundreds buses in station... It is not very easy when you dont speak the language and local people here don’t speak English too.
!!!Warning: - At bus stations, there are many gangster men who are willing to cheat you to get you on a terrible or wrong bus, you have no idea where you are going to as you can not communicate to local people. Till you realise it, you are far away from the big city.
- There are a lot of buses, neither do you know them, nor do they know you. If there is anything happens to your belongings, you have noone to ask for help.
- During festivals time in Vietnam (Independence holiday, King ceremony holiday, New Year holiday...), local people often plan their holiday in advance. Bus tickets fully booked very soon. Therefore it is difficult for you to purchase ticket by yourself if you have a narrow plan.