Tam Coc means 3 caves in Ninh Binh province which is well-known like Halong bay on land of Ninh Binh. It is far from Hanoi about 120km in the South East. It takes about 3 hours by bus to get there.
BUS FROM HANOI TO TAM COC, BUS FROM TAM COC TO HANOI
There are different ways to get to Tam Coc. But booking with Vietnam Local Bus is a convenient way for you to get an easy travel because:
- Vietnam Local Bus has pick up service from your hotel to bus station with English speaking guide. - Vietnam Local Bus has contact with many good buses at the bus station, you will not have to worry about your belongings. - Easy to purchase ticket, you can book online 1 day, 2 days or longer in advance if you travel during Vietnam holiday time. - Vietnam Local Bus works with a lot of bus companies for years, so we always have available seats. Even you go on our holiday, as long as you let us know before 48 hours (on holiday time). - Flexible and convenient in payment, you can pay online by Visa, Master, American Express card (3% bank fee will be added), Paypal, Western Union - You can check all detail, useful information from our website: vietnamlocalbus.com before you decide to take your ticket. - Vietnam Local Bus will not charge you if you change departure date, as long as we are informed 24 hours in advance by confirmation to you. Here is all information of our bus that you need to know.
BUS FROM HANOI TO TAM COC
HANOI TO TAM COC
Every hour from 8.00 to 18.30
After 3 hours
- Pick up point: Hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Drop off point: Harbour in Tam Coc
- Duration: 3 hours
- Bus type: Luxury Limousine car
HOW IT WORKS
BUS SCHEDULE FROM HANOI TO TAM COC
- 8.00 – 16.30 (leaving every hour): Our guide and car/ taxi picks you up at the hotel in the Hanoi Old Quarter to bus station. At the bus station, you get the ticket and get on the Luxury Limousine car from Hanoi to Tam Coc. It takes about 3 hours to Tam Coc harbour. On the way, we have 1 time for short-break for bathroom. You also can find you some snacks for breakfast there on your own. At Ninh Binh city, you might be transferred by small bus/ car to Tam Coc harbour. - After 3 hours : Arrive at Tam Coc, get droped of here, journey finishes. PRICE: 15 USD/ PERSON Included: Picks up by English speaking guide, car or taxi to bus station in Hanoi, bus ticket from Hanoi to Tam Coc. Excluded: Insurance, meals , drinks, tip to guide, personal expenses.
BUS ROUTINE FROM HANOI TO TAM COC
Hanoi Oldquarter – Giap Bat bus staion – Thuong tin district – Phu Xuyen District (shortbreak) – Ha Nam province - Ninh Binh city (last stop) – Tam Coc.
BUS FROM TAM COC TO HANOI
PICK UP TIME
TAM COC TO HANOI
Every hour from 8.00 am to 17.00
After 3 hours
- Pick up point: Hotels at Tam Coc wharf area - Drop off point: Bus station in Hanoi - Duration: 3 hours - Bus type: Luxury Limousine car
HOW IT WORKS
BUS SCHEDULE FROM TAM COC TO HANOI
Every hour from 8.00 - 17.00: We pick you up at your hotel at Tam Coc wharf area, getting on seatting bus heading to Hanoi (you might go by small car/ taxi from Tam Coc to Ninh Binh city central where Limousine car waits for you). It is about 3 hours from Tam Coc to Hanoi including a stop on the way for stretching your legs and bathroom. You will arrive in Hanoi after 3 hours, this bus will drop you at bus station in Hanoi. Finish your bus journey. PRICE: 15 USD/ PERSON Included: Car or taxi transfer from your hotel to Limousine car to Ninh Binh city, bus ticket from Tam Coc to Hanoi. Excluded: Insurance, means , drinks, tip to guide, expense personal
BUS ROUTINE FROM TAM COC TO HANOI
Hotel in Tam Coc – Ninh Binh bus sattion – Ha Nam province –Phu Xuyen district ( shortbreak) – Thuong Tin district – Giap Bat bus staion ( last stop).
Note: Taxi from Giap Bat bus station to Hanoi old quarter around 90.000 VND/ 4 seats taxi. You should choose these taxi companies, they are more trustful: Thanh Cong Taxi: 024 32575757, Mai Linh Taxi: 0243 8333333, Thanh Nga Taxi:0438215215.
TRAVEL TO TAM COC BY DIFFERENT WAYS
Here is the answer that all travellers want to know: There are 4 different ways to get to Tam Coc from Hanoi:
1/ FROM HANOI TO TAM COC BY MOTORBIKE
You can rent a motorbike in any travel agencies in Hanoi to slowly driving to Tam Coc and back . For a good quality motorbike, it costs about 10 USD per day which can be for 2 people sit on. You should drive slowly to enjoy landscapes and stop for photos shooting on the way. Note: You should give your passport to agency, read the contact carefully and choose good motobike, furthermore you should check carefully with their mechanic service conection in case your motobike is broken on the way. !!! Warning:You should be careful before renting because roads to Ninh Binh are very dangerous with traffic jam.
2/ HANOI TO TAM COC BY TOURIST BUS
You can book and join only tourist bus service from companies who organise tours to Hoa Lu - Tam Coc. But this one only departs in the morning around 8.30 am. Therefore, sometimes you can book - sometimes you can not if they have full seats for people on tour, no more empty seats for people only join bus service. And this bus takes longer time than ours, cause the tourist bus has to stop at temples, pagoda, restaurant in the tour program before heading to Tam Coc (about 12.30 noon time).
3/ FROM HANOI TO TAM COC BY PRIVATE CAR OR TAXI
This option seems to be the most convenient one for you if you have a group of at leasts 3 - 4 people join with you. If not, it is a kind of very expensive to go alone or 2 people. The price should be around 75 USD/ 4 seats car one way.
4/ HANOI TO TAM COC BY LOCAL BUS - DO IT YOURSELF
You can take a taxi to My Dinh, Giap Bat, and Nuoc Ngam bus station to book ticket. But this bus only brings you to bus station in Ninh Binh city, from where you need to catch a taxi to Tam Coc which is about 130.000 VND/ 4 seats car.
Purchasing bus ticket by yourself, it means you have to arrange everything you do by yourself: taxis, contact driver, finding the right bus among hundreds of bus in station... It is not very easy and safe when you dont speak the language and local people here don’t speak English too. !!!Warning: - At bus stations, there are many bad people who are willing to cheat you to get you on a terrible or wrong bus, you have no idea where you are going to as you can not communicate to local people. Till you realise it, you are far away from the big city. - There are a lot of buses, neither do you know them, nor do they know you. If there is anything happens to your belongings, you have noone to ask for help. - During festivals time in Vietnam (Independence holiday, King ceremony holiday, New Year holiday...), local people often plan their holiday in advance. Bus tickets to Ninh Binh fully booked very soon. Therefore it is difficult for you to purchase ticket by yourself if you have a narrow plan.
BEST TIME TO VISIT TAM COC
You can visit Tam Coc all year, but the best time to visit Tam Coc is in Summer, Auntum when you can enjoy of the rice terrace view on the way as well as on the boat trip. In the Winter, Spring there are still a lot of people do, but the view is a bit mysterious.
PROMOTION: - Get discount 5% per person if you book on vietnamlocalbus.com group of 5 people. - Get 10% for next bookings of our bus tickets bellow: