Sapa is one of the must - see places when you travel to Vietnam. It is not only famous with beautiful moutain, rice terrace but also the cultural characters of ethnical people which you hardly find from other places in Vietnam. Mu Cang Chai is in the South - West of Sapa, it is only about 160 km far from each other but it takes almost 5 hours by bus because of narrow moutain roads.
SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI, MU CANG CHAI TO SAPA BY LOCAL BUS
You can go to bus station to find the bus by yourself. But we recommend to book the bus ticket with Vietnam Local Bus, because:
- Vietnam Local Bus has pick up service from your hotel to bus station with English speaking guide. - Vietnam Local Bus has contact with many good buses at the bus station, you will not have to worry about your belongings. - Easy to purchase ticket, you can book online 1 day, 2 days or longer in advance if you travel during Vietnam holiday time. - Vietnam Local Bus works with a lot of bus companies for years, so we always have available seats. Even you go on our holiday, as long as you let us know before 48 hours (on holiday time). - Flexible and convenient in payment, you can pay online by Visa, Master, American Express card (3% bank fee will be added), Paypal, Western Union - You can check all detail, useful information from our website: vietnamlocalbus.combefore you decide to take your ticket. - Vietnam Local Bus will not charge you if you change departure date, as long as we are informed 24 hours in advance by confirmation to you. Here is all information of our bus that you need to know.
BUS FROM SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI
PICK UP TIME
SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI
7.45 - 8.30
13.00 - 13.30
- Pick up point: Some hotels in Sapa central/ bus station in Sapa - Drop off point: Mu Cang Chai town - Duration: 5 hours - Bus type: Seating bus.
SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI BUS SCHEDULE
- 7.45 -8.30: Our bus driver picks you up from Sapa bus station then takes 5 hours to Mu Cang Chai. On the way, we have 2 short break for bathroom and lunch. You also can find you some snacks for breakfast there on your own. - After 5 hours: Arrive in Mu Cang Chai, get droped of here, journey finishes. PRICE: 13 USD/ PERSON Included: Bus ticket from Sapa to Mu Cang Chai. Excluded: Insurance, meals, drinks, personal expenses.
SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI BUS ROUTINE
Sapa Bus station – O Quy Ho village - Thac Bac - Cau May - O Quy Ho pass - Son Binh - Huoi Ke - Muong Khoa - Tan Uyen district (Lai Chau province) - short break - Than Uyen district (Lai Chau province) - Mu Cang Chai district - Moon guest house - Mu Cang Chai bus station (last stop).
BUS MU CANG CHAI TO SAPA
PICK UP TIME
MU CANG CHAI TO SAPA
- Pick up point: Moon guest house 2 in Mu Cang Chai town - Drop off point: Bus station in Sapa town
- Duration: 5 hours
- Bus type: Seating bus
MU CANG CHAI TO SAPA BUS SCHEDULE
- 9.00 am: We pick you up in front of Moon 2 guest house at Mu Cang Chai town, getting on bus heading to Sapa. It is 5 hours from Mu Cang Chai to Sapa including 2 stops on the way for stretching your legs and bathroom.
- You will arrive in Sapa after 5 hours, this bus will drop you hotel in Sapa bus station in Sapa town. Finish your bus journey. PRICE: 22 USD/ PERSON Included: Bus ticket from Mu Cang Chai to Sapa. Excluded: Insurance, meals, drinks, tip, personal expenses
MU CANG CHAI TO SAPA BUS ROUTINE
Moon guest house 2 – Than Uyen district (Lai Chau province) - Tan Uyen district (Lai Chau province) - Muong Khoa commune - Huoi Ke - Son Binh commune - O Quy Ho Pass - Thac Bac - Cau May - O Quy Ho village – Sapa bus station (last stop).
TRAVEL FROM SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI BY DIFFERENT WAYS
Here is the answer that all travellers want to know: There are 4 different ways to get to Mu Cang Chai from Sapa:
1/ SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI BY MOTORBIKE
You can rent motorbike in any travel agencies in Sapa to slowly driving to Mu Cang Chai and back . For a good quality for roads motorbike, it costs about 10 USD per day which can be for 2 people sit on. You should drive slowly to enjoy landscapes and stop for photos shooting on the way. Note: You should give your passport to agency, read the contact carefully and choose good motobike, furthermore you should check careful with their mechanic service conection in case your motobike is broken on the way. !!! Warning: You should be carefully before renting because roads from Sapa to Mu Cang Chai are very dangerous with traffic jam and high pass.
2/ SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI BY TOURIST BUS
You can book and join a tourist bus from companies who organise tours From Sapa to Mu Cang Chai but it really depends. Because tour from Sapa to Mu Cang Chai is not popular. Therefore, sometimes you can book - sometimes you can not. And it can be cancelled in a short advance when they cant collect enough customers to make their tour run.
3/ SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI BY PRIVATE CAR OR TAXI
This option seems to be the most convenient one for you if you have a group of at leasts 3 - 4 people join with you. If not, it is kind of very expensive to go alone or too small group.
4/ SAPA TO MU CANG CHAI BY LOCAL BUS - DO IT YOURSELF
You can take a taxi to Sapa bus station to book ticket. Bus timetable is very flexible. Purchasing bus ticket by yourself, it means you have to arrange everything you do by yourself: taxis, contact driver, finding the right bus among hundreds buses in station... It is not very easy when you dont speak the language and local people here don’t speak English too. !!!Warning: - At bus stations, there are many bad people who are willing to cheat you to get you on a terrible or wrong bus, you have no idea where you are going to as you can not communicate to local people. Till you realise it, you are far away from the big city. - There are a lot of buses, neither do you know them, nor do they know you. If there is anything happens to your belongings, you have noone to ask for help. - During festivals time in Vietnam (Independence holiday, King ceremony holiday, New Year holiday...), local people often plan their holiday in advance. Bus tickets fully booked very soon. Therefore it is difficult for you to purchase ticket by yourself if you have a narrow plan.
PROMOTION: - Get discount 5% per person if you book on vietnamlocalbus.com group of 5 people. - Get 10% for next bookings of our bus tickets bellow: